For mothers, breastfeeding babies is not just merely feeding them natural milk from their breast but making sure they are feeding healthy breast milk. You might want to ask how this being achieved? Well, it’s just too simple as eating healthy foods as babies breastfeeding from mothers will surely receive what the mothers are eating and drinking.
So here, I’ll be sharing some foods and drinks not to eat when breastfeeding.
- Caffeinated foods and drinks. Caffeine causes adult not to sleep, how much more to babies?
- Egg, Peanuts, Soy and Dairy Products. These foods might cause allergic reactions to babies.
- Beans, Cabbage, Onions, Broccoli and Cucumber. These foods cause flatulence to adults as well as to babies.
- Oranges, Pineapple, Lemon and Other Citrus fruits. These can cause nappy rash to babies.
- Red Pepper, Curry and other Spicy Foods. These can cause abdominal upset to babies.